Thursday, October 25, 2012

Disbelief and...hope?

Quote me, "it's worth a shot," the four most amazing, and yes not very romantic words I have ever heard in my entire life. Out of my husbands mouth. He asked me to dinner. We went once before and I thought it was a date and he didn't and a fight ensued because I felt led on and he was oblivious. So this time I asked him flat out. Why do you want to go and what kind of dinner are we talking about? Then the four glorious but safe words."It's worth a shot."

Our relationship is worth a shot. Well damn I think so too and I've been waiting eight months to hear that. I have been living on edge for days. He asked two days ago to go out on Saturday and hasn't really said anything since. I am terrified that he will change his mind or let someone talk him out of it. I hope that he truly follows his heart. If he misses me and wants to go then no pressure lets go. If nothing more we are great old friends. Honestly though, what is more precious then being able to fall in love twice in a lifetime. I love him and maybe just maybe he is coming back from this dark place he has been in. I believe in us. The possibility of failure is not a reason to not try. It's a reason to try harder so that you cannot fail. When I married him failure was not an option. I loved him then and I love him still. Hope is a tragic and wonderful thing. If you are reading this....give and graciously accept the second chances that we desperately need in this life.

If for no other reason than why not love? There is no reason but love.

1 comment:

Addie M. said...

Yay! I'm happy for you!